The National Cross Country Skiing Congress will be held at the Howman's Gap Alpine Centre on 7 and 8 November 1998. The two day workshop provides an opportunity for the cross country community and the key sporting and sking stakeholders to get together to discuss the management and organisation of cross country skiing in Australia.
Howman's Gap is located 4km from Falls Creek, adjacent to the resort entry station.
The specific objectives of the Congress are to:
- establish the appropriate structure and process to serve the varied interests of cross country skiing in Australia
- define the role and structure of the national cross country skiing committee of Skiing Australia
- identify the key sporting and skiing stakeholders with whom SAXC should establish links
- define the objectives of SAXC for the next five years
- develop a five year plan and strategies for the development of Australian cross country skiing to 2003
Other very important objectives are to:
- present the Cross Country Ski Awards at the Cross Country Dinner to recognise contributions to our sport
- socialise and network with like minded people (actually have an enjoyable time)
All cross country skiers and those involved with cross country skiing are invited to register and attend.
The following groups and organisations are being specifically invited to attend the Congress: National and State skiing and cross country bodies, cross country skiers - elite, developing and recreational, clubs active in supporting skiing, resort management, National Parks and Wildlife Service, government funding agencies, sports institutes (NSWIS, VIS, AIS, AIWS), ski industry and ski officials.
Congress Registration is $100, which includes accommodation Friday and Saturday night, and meals Saturday breakfast to Sunday lunch.
Registration without accommodation is $50, which includes Saturday and Sunday lunch and the Congress dinner.
Enquiries about the congress should be directed to:
tel 02 6244 1145 (w), 02 6266 2030 (h), 0418 412 460
email: aslocombe@skiingaustralia .org.au
tel 03 9650 8666 (w)
fax 03 9650 8737 (w)
XC is the official website of the Skiing Australia Cross Country Committee. It is produced with the assistance of the Australian Sports Commission and the Kangaroo Hoppet. The editor can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org.