Saturday 2nd March 2024 click here for (2023) information
Walk it or Run it, the Conquestathon takes you on an organised single day 21km return trek to the summit of Victoria’s highest mountain, Mt Bogong (1986 m). You’ll be amazed at the spectacular views and changing landscapes along this iconic and challenging hiking track. The Conquestathon is a timed event and a memento medallion is presented on completion.
This year we will be raising funds for the Birkebeiner Nordic Ski Club Search and Rescue (BNSC SAR) and their experienced Hi Vis volunteers will be out marshalling the course and at checkpoints along the way.
- START: Race Briefing 6.45 am. START From 7.00am to 8:00am Mountain Creek Car Park, Tawonga, Victoria.
Walkers may start the course at 7am with the latest start time at 7.30am. Runners must start by 8am
- CUT OFFS: All entrants must be at the clocked check point at Mt Bogong summit by 12 noon. Failure to make this ‘Cut Off’ will mean that entrants need to return back down the Staircase Spur to Mountain Creek Campground. There will be NO exceptions.
- THE COURSE: 21km starting at Mountain Creek Campground – Staircase Spur- Mount Bogong Summit- Eskdale Spur- Camp Creek Carpark- Mountain Creek Campground.
The Conquestathon organisers like to see and support your well-earned break/ lunch at the summit and catch up with others – for safety we need to ensure walkers are on their return journey by 12.30pm.
- EVENT CATAGORIES:
- Race/Run/Competitive U18, Open, Over 50
- Hike/Non-competitive U18, Open, Over 50
- SPOT PRIZES: Spot prizes will be awarded randomly to both categories, see information in your confirmation email
FEES: U18 - $20, Open - $30, Over 50 - $30, Family - $80 Don’t miss out and enter now!
It is highly recommended you register online before the day. Late entries will incur an additional fee (individual +$10, family +$20) during the morning of the event will be capped. Internet signal is very weak at Mountain Creek Car Park, so please come prepared.
Join the Conquestathon Crusher Club.
What is the Crusher Club and how does this work?
To become a Crusher, you need to add your age onto either Andy’s time (males) or Belinda’s time (females). If you finish under that time, you become a Conquestathon Crusher.
The Male Course record time set by Andy Kromar is: 1hr 51 minutes
The Female Course record time set by Belinda Ralph is: 2hrs 39mins
The U18 Course time is yet to be set.
Locally designed and limited edition T-shirts will be available to purchase at the event, $50 cash only.
More about the History of this iconic event
The Mount Bogong Conquestathon is steeped in history. The event was first held in the 1969, traditionally on the Sunday of the March long weekend and has been run by the Upper Kiewa Valley Lions Club since about 1975. There is only one person who has finished every event!
The event has not been held for the last two years because of Covid and also bushfires. Due to the declining members of the KV Lions Club, they have decided they are not able to run the event again.
The Hoppet organising committee believes that the Hoppet is a really neat fit for taking on the event as they are locally based and have the infrastructure, contacts and knowledge of managing participants in a remote location to operate the event in the long term.
The proceeds of the event will be returned to the community in the form of donations to the not-for-profit groups providing volunteers.