KANGAROO HOPPET ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, RELEASE AND INDEMNITY
In consideration of Kangaroo Hoppet Inc. (the “Event Organisers”) accepting my participation in any of the Kangaroo Hoppet cross country skiing events to be held at Falls Creek on 27 August 2016 (the “Event”), I agree to this release of claims, waiver of liability and assumption of risk.
1. I understand the demanding physical nature of the Event. I declare, as a condition of entry to the Event, that I am sufficiently fit for this Event and that I am not aware of any illness, injury or any other physical disability that may cause me injury or death whilst participating in the Event.
2. I acknowledge and understand that whilst participating in the Event:
• I may be injured from various causes including, but not limited to, over-exertion, dehydration, sun or wind burn, cardiac arrest, falls, collisions with obstacles, accidents with other participants and spectators, or accidents caused by my own actions;
• My personal property may be lost or damaged;
• I may cause injury to other persons or damage their property;
• The conditions in which the Event is conducted may vary without warning;
• I may be in a remote or isolated location where access to medical support may be limited and take significant time to reach me;
• I assume the risk and responsibility for any injury, death or property damage resulting from my participation in the Event.
3. I agree that if I am injured or require medical assistance, the Event Organisers may arrange medical treatment and emergency evacuation as deemed necessary by the Event Organisers. I agree that I am responsible for my own medical and ambulance insurance cover.
4. I agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Event Organisers, its officers, employees, agents, volunteers, contractors, public bodies, landholders and sponsors, from and against any and all claims, demands, right or cause of action, suits, expenses, costs and proceedings of any nature whatsoever which may be made by me or on my behalf or by other parties for or in respect of or arising out of any injury, loss, damage or death caused to me or my property as a result of my entry or participation in the Event whether by negligence, breach of contract or in any way whatsoever.
5. I also agree that in the event I am injured or my property is damaged, I will bring no claim, legal or otherwise against the Event Organisers in respect to that injury or damage.
6. I agree to allow my name, results, photographs, videos, multimedia or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by Kangaroo Hoppet, the sponsors, event partners or assigns without payment or compensation.
7. I acknowledge that my image may be taken by an Event photographer and that the Event photographer may contact me to offer for sale images of me at the Event.
8. I agree to abide by the event rules and the directions of all Event officials.
9. I acknowledge that the Event Organisers may change the advertised course and start time without notice if the Event Organisers deem this necessary. I also acknowledge that the Event Organisers may cancel the Event due to weather conditions, safety considerations or “acts of God” and that in such circumstances my entry fee will be non-refundable.
We use New Zealand company EventPlus as our registration provider.
Your registration information is collected and used to operate the site and to conduct the event. If you haven’t used EventPlus before, you will need to create an EventPlus profile and a Password before registering for an event.
You may also receive periodic update emails from Kangaroo Hoppet to announce important event information, new offers and news.
Credit card payments made on this site will use 128 bit SSL encryption. Neither EventPlus nor Kangaroo Hoppet stores credit card details and therefore once payment is made we have no record of your card name, number or expiry date. To view our refund policy, please refer to the Refund Policy on our website.
The planning and conducting of the Kangaroo Hoppet, involves spending a huge amount of money in advance on items such as race bibs, timing chips, food, prizes, communications and insurance, to name a few.
If you withdraw from the event for any reason whatsoever, Kangaroo Hoppet will not refund your entry fee.
If you wish to change to a longer distance event, there will be an adjustment fee equivalent to the difference between what you have already paid and the entry fee for the longer event.
If you wish to change to a shorter distance event, there will be no charge before August 13. From August 13 there will be a $10 fee.
To change your event, you will need to email the Race Secretary, or complete a Change of Entry form at the Hoppet Shop when you collect your race bag.
If the event has to be cancelled, competitors will be offered a 50% discount on an entry to a future event.